Sunday, January 6, 2013

just me again...

I don't have a whole lot of pics and even happenings to report on I just want to report. I find it very soothing to get my thoughts out...maybe so that they aren't in. Sad though that I have a lot of thoughts and happenings that I'm not ready to share. Not that I am keeping secrets or that there is anything big going on around here but just that I have jumbled hopes and resolutions for the year that are not yet clear enough to describe. Every year since I was small I remember making goal lists and resolutions. They have always been spiritual goals. This year came without my making these resolutions. I knew the year was ending but I never made the goals. On the 1st I asked Brandon what he wanted to do for resolutions. He, of course, said to work on our budget. Buy a van with cash, get 1yr food storage, and go on a trip. (he was thinking a trip to Disney Land but I was thinking a trip to VA to see my parents.) Now for a spiritual goal for myself...I am making a goal to prioritize. I am going to choose activities, media, friends etc that will be uplifting and positive for me and my family. I have closed my facebook account last month already and I have enjoyed the extra time it has freed up. (granted I didn't hear about my sister's baby being born a week ago till today because no one knows how to communicate except through facebook anymore.) Now time to make the changes. Not a lot to change, the hardest part is to fill the free time with positive things. So easy to sit on pinterest or netflix for hours at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment