Thursday, January 3, 2013

A religous insight to "duty"

About a month ago Brandon and I were asked to go from teaching the 7-8 year olds in primary to teaching in he nursery (18months to 3 years). I honestly was sad but confused at the calling. I have always struggles with a new calling at first but with prayer and dedication I always grow to love the calling. I feared that they were letting me go because they didn't feel I was capable of teaching and that they just wanted to stick me in a corner that would just tuck me away. Brandon wasn't thrilled either. We decided to pray to receive comfort about our new calling. I did a lot. I received a peace in my heart as I prayed. I felt as though my Heavenly Father confirmed to me that he loves me and wouldn't place me somewhere just to "tuck" me away. I really felt that there are many callings that are harder to accept because the lack of prestige but He needs us because we are willing to work anywhere.

We were excited to learn that we would be able to go to Sunday School the second hour before heading to the nursery. In 2012 we studied the Book of Mormon. Before my first Sunday in there I started using "Doctrinal Commentary on the Book of Mormon" which I bought for Brandon 2 years ago but he hasn't cracked. I have LOVED using it as a supplement of my study. I am actually writing all over the book which Brandon said was ok.

This morning I read Moroni 9:6. Let us labor Diligently... I have been so intrigued with this part of the book of Mormon. I realized that I LOVE the books of Ether and Moroni. As I have studied I feel that I have so much to say and ponder on the subjects but this is a topic I feel I can express in words.

Labor Diligently. Since the Election...(Obama won 2nd term) I have felt somewhat hopeless but yet called to action. Hopeless because Obama clearly wants to take away the freedoms that are clearly stated in the constitution...and hopeless because so many love him. Action...I need to be active in enduring in righteousness.

We have so many warnings of the last days. Wickedness and wars. Stiff neckedness and falling away.

In Moroni, 9 Mormon tells his son of the terrible wickedness going on but still exhorts him to be diligent and labor in his divinely appointed duty. This has me thinking...

What is my duty?
Do I have the strength to be diligent through trials?
Will I endure no matter how other respond to my efforts?

I know the answers to these questions. I know that through faith I will recieve the gifts of hope and charity. I will be blessed to know of assurity that I will do His will and return home again as one of his beloved daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment