Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cancer...

Today I went to the Dr and got 3 moles taken off and I will get the results in a week. There was one that he was really worried about but took the other 2 just in case. My friend's brother died of melanoma and she had a melanoma taken off recently and she urged me to get mine checked. I'm glad that I did too. So...how did it go... I get there and had to wait a while. I wasn't really nervous till the Dr came in. Then for some reason I got really nervous. The numbing shot was SO painful. Especially the one on the bottom of my foot. I ended up getting so nervous that I had the shivers. From then on it wasn't too bad until... They were all done and left the room so that I could get dressed. I looked at the floor and there was blood dripping everywhere. I guess the stitches already tore. He had to do it again but luckily I was already numb. I guess I never thought I would need to get moles taken off. I am young and not a tanner. I am not covered in moles either. But I guess anyone can get it. I have joined a melanoma group on facebook and read of young people getting it all the time. So the moral of the story is...GET YOUR MOLES CHECKED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment