Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"You only think about yourself!"

 This morning we were watching a show called "Pinky Dinky Doo" where the little girl gets into a box and imagines a story by coloring on the walls with chalk. Phoenix wanted to to that too so I get boxes and started taping them together so that the kids would both fit in there. While I did it the kids jumped in me and the box and fussed because they wanted to play with it. After I finished it they got inside and started crying because the door doesn't have a doorknob. Then I gave them crayons to color but Atti didn't want to color in it so he started screaming. Phoenix wanted chalk so she started crying. I got the chalk for Phoenix but she was still upset because the chalk wouldn't wipe off the cardboard all the way. They left and went to play in their room.
 Then they were hungry...really hungry. Phoenix said that her stomach couldn't take it any more. So I made a really nice lunch for them to eat outside at the picnic table. A half sandwich, cheese stick, 5 pretzels, and 2 strawberries. This picture is their plates when they were DONE eating.
Last week Phoenix said "You only think about yourself!" to me. Yes, it killed to hear my baby talk to me that way. I put her in her room so that I could figure out what to do about that. I ended up talking to her about the meaning of what she said and asked her to tell me what things I do for each person in the family. When I asked her what I do for myself she said that I eat for myself. She's about right. Having her talk her way through it she realized what she had done to make me so sad. I am glad that I worked through the problem that way instead of my immediate reaction to punish her. I realized that she didn't even know what she was saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment