Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Perfect Christmas

I sat down yesterday to blog but the Internet wasn't working right so I kept my thoughts in my head. Not that I have time to write I have so much and not sure what to say. I guess I'll start with today. Christmas is over. Christmas confuses me....

Christmas is simple.
Christ was born.
We love him.
We celebrate.

Simple right? what about...

pinterest crafts
stockings
Santa
gifts
cookies
Christmas dinner
white elephant exchange
ugly sweater party

I love to think about the little nativity piece that we all save for last, the baby in a manger. That is what we are celebrating. That is who the season is for. Everything else just adds to the chaos that we call Christmas.

In my world Christmas would be different. In my world we would have no Christmas trees, only white lights to decorate the house. We would have a beautiful nativity set that could always be played with but could never be broken. There would be the beautiful Mary and her brave friend Joseph. There would be a manger with hay. Throughout the month the manger would become softer and softer as with each of our good deeds we would add a piece of hay, a gift for our savior.

Christmas Eve would be a special day filled with beautiful Christmas music and stories of His miracles. We would have a hot chocolate par after dinner with all the things you could ever imagine putting in your hot chocolate and popcorn the same way! We would all sit around the table as we took turns reading from the bible the story of our Lord's birth. We would end the night with group hugs and kisses and an excitement for the morning!

On Christmas morning I would wake to 3 beautiful children exclaiming, "Christmas is here!!! It's Jesus' Birthday!!" Daddy and I would sleepily grab the camera and join the children in the living room. We would them open presents starting youngest to oldest. Each child having a homemade or re gifted item for each others. Oh, to see their faces light us as they give to one another! Then time for gifts from mom and dad. Simple gifts for each child but still special. These gifts would be to help them develop a talent or create something wonderful. Daddy and I would have something for each other as well but will be shared after lunch at nap time. I would have poured out my heart to him in a letter thanking him for the past year and he would do the same for me...except his would be folded in a heart shape. <3 p="p">
As the kids are playing with their new gifts we make a waffle breakfast with any topping they want. Grandparents and cousins and aunts and uncles soon join us for...The perfect Christmas. (According to me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment