Sunday, December 30, 2012

I'm not crazy I'm just not you.


I was introduced to a personality study that I love. I have always been interested in personalities, people and behavior. I have studied the color test, love languages, men are from mars and women are from Venus, dress your truth, and now the 16 types.

The 16 types teaches that the way we look and the way we move says that our personality is. There are exceptions when someone has been hurt or has psychological issues that cause them to act in a way that is contrary to their physical type. (ex: an introvert raised by extrovert parents might think it's "wrong" to not be extrovert but would be more comfortable as an introvert.)

These are the types: there are 4 parts

Part one:

Introvert-This is not the same definition that we commonly use. An introvert gets energy from within. Their eyes aren't as wide open all the time and when they smile it's just their mouth that smiles. When in introvert leaves a party they feel good. They are often one-at-a-time friend people. NOT A BAD QUALITY LIKE THE WORLD TEACHES! You don't have to be scared to be an introvert. If you're scared of people you have other problems that need to be dealt with. An introvert can be loud and exciting too.

Extrovert-an extrovert can be a quiet person but they get their energy from the people around them. They talk with their hands and when they smile they use their whole faces. They don't want the party to end. They often have lots of friends and like them all the same.

Part 2:

Sensory-They take in the information they see and hear. What is in their environment. Their eyes are slightly divergent.

Intuitive-They take in information based off of their intuition. How they feel about what is going in. Their eyes are slightly convergent

Part 3:

Thinker- Take longer to make decisions, gather the facts first. Pointed features

Feeler-Make decisions quickly based off of how they feel. rounded features

Part 4:

Perciever-Mercy, they seem more physically relaxed

Judger-Justice, strait stiff posture.

Out of all this Brandon is Introvert, Sensory, Thinker, Perciever which would make him royalty. If he were a King he would be a very thorough, protective, and merciful king. He is able to forgive and forget. He is able to "not sweat the small stuff".

I am Introvert, Intuitive, Feeler, Perciever which is a citizen. I am made to mingle with the commoners and help from the ground up, one person at a time. Because I am intuitive, feeler and perciever I am able to feel others pain, joy and accomplishment. This is an amazing superpower but also a great burden for me. At times I feel as though I have the blues or depression but it may just be that I am feeling the weight of the world.

In our relationship this has explained so much. I now know that if there is a decision to be made Brandon will decide based on the facts and with careful planning. I will decide based on my feelings for the moment. If I am sad, Brandon know that I can't "just get over it" but that I truly am hurting.

There are different ways to compliment each of us as well. Brandon can receive a compliment directly. "You look nice!" I cannot. Because I am concerned so much with the welfare of others when I am directly complimented it makes me uncomfortable as if it's a cut down to others and I will always deflect it. Ex: We are at a girls night and someone compliments my new boots. I deflect by saying "Oh I've had these for a while." or "Celia is the one who posted them on pinterest, Thanks Celia!"

I could go on and on about this but really the best way to learn is to get the book. "I'm not crazy, I'm just not you."

My only warning is to make sure you go off of your looks and physiology vs how you think you act because you might just be acting against your true personality and you'll be a lot happier to just be you. All are good. All have a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment