Monday, August 23, 2010

Life on the farm...

I never get bored of the land out here. It is so beautiful and it grows an amazing garden. I don't really think that this is the life for me but I am enjoying my time out here. I am trying to live it up and learn as much as I can to take with me when we are done here. I am not sure I will ever have the opportunity to raise chickens and live this life again. I do enjoy my chicks. There is nothing like going out and getting fresh eggs. They are SO different then store bought eggs which are usually older then 2 months. Every morning I usually get up and clean up the house really quickly. I get the kids dressed and then we have breakfast. Then we're off to do outside chores before it gets too hot. We feed the dog, feed the chickens (the kids love to go in the run and feed them scratch), water the garden and burn trash. It doesn't take long but it doesn't take long for the kids to get bored of being outside. In the afternoon we pick the produce we need for lunch and dinner and get the eggs. The kids love to get the eggs and we usually drop one every few days. Brandon hates weeds so I usually try to pull weeds everyday. Last week we trapped a mouse in the kitchen. The next day we were all doing outside chores when Brandon came in to get his gloves when he saw a mouse run across the top part of the stove. YUCK! The last pic is its fate.

1 comment:

  1. Peaches are a ton of work, I would never want to do them alone. With Andrew and I as a team, it's doable. Let me know if you decide to take it on!

    ReplyDelete