Wednesday, August 18, 2010

More garden pics

Our garden is growing like crazy! I can't believe how well it's doing for my first garden. We have already eaten a lot and there is still more to come. I have done some things right and some things wrong. The first peas I planted weren't very good but the next ones I tried (Oregon Sweet Peas) were better. The Tomatoes are PERFECT! I planted slicing tomatoes and they're like eating candy! The raspberries are almost done and I still have one batch of jam to can. We're picking blackberries for jam also. The first picture is acorn squash. I intended on having them grow vertically but never pinned them up so they are all over! There must be 20 squash coming on and more to come!! I can't wait to bring goodies to Jennifer next month! Then next picture is the peppers. I already picked 3 from this plant. I thought they were green bell peppers so I gave one to Nix...they're HOT! The third pic is a pumpkin. I have 2 big white ones and one green one coming. all from the same brand of seeds. I'm excited to see what the difference it. I wonder if the white ones were cross pollinated. Next is watermelon. Next to the tomatoes I am most excited about the watermelon. We have 2 coming on. We planted cantaloupe but I don't see any coming on yet. Second to last is the green pumpkin I was talking about. can't wait to see what it looks like!! I have learned that I love to garden. I think it's something that I'm good at and it's a good outlet for me. I son't really enjoy canning but that's because I'm not so sure of myself yet. There's nothing better then fresh produce!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Your garden is amazing! The cold start this summer ruined a lot of produce this year! Thanks for the comment on the cake, I was a tiny bit proud of it! :)

    ReplyDelete