Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blast from the past

When I was in 5th grade I started band. I played the trumpet and I LOVED it. We would have concerts (Probably playing Hot Cross Buns) with all 4 elementary schools. At the practices I met Jessica, a fellow trumpeter (actually cornet). I went to Ready and she went to Wadsworth. We soon became good friends and I couldn't wait to be in Jr. High Band with her. We were best friends. We were always together. I don't even think we had other friends, just us. Until...I don't even remember what year it was (Either 9th or 10th grade) but I messed everything up. I don't remember exactly what happened but I do that she liked a boy and I didn't. Either way, we fought and that was it for us. I soon realized that I was so wrapped up in myself and friends that I was lost. I had no idea who I was. I had never thought about the future and I never really made my own decisions. I was lucky that my friends made pretty good decisions. So...I had no plans and really bad grades. Losing Jessica taught me a lot. I made a HUGE turn for the better that year. The first thing I did was I got my Patriarchal Blessing. The next thing was I improved my grades and GPA. I soon had a plan. I would go to business school and become a secretary. That fell through so I went into Cosmetology. I was good at it. I even competed in Virginia Beach and won 5th place in the region. Things have changes in the years since. I have always had a plan but the paths often lead me to another plan. I don't know how but Jessica and I started to email a few years ago. Recently she has moved closer so I am excited to see her again. What is funny is that the petty things that happened aren't a big deal at all. I feel like we have always been friends even though we haven't been for the last 10 or 12 years. I heard this song and even though I'm not find of Miley Cyrus...I love the words...
It's the Climb I can almost see it, that dream I'm dreaming but, there's a voice inside my head saying, you'll never reach it. Every step I'm taking, every move I make feels lost with no direction, my faith is shaking, But I, I gotta keep trying. I gotta keep my head held high There's always gonna be another mountain. I'm always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle And sometimes I'm gonna have to lose. It ain't about how fast I get there, Ain't about whats waiting on the other side. It's the climb. The struggles I'm facing, The chances I'm taking, Sometimes might knock me down But no I'm not breaking. I may not know it But these are the moments that I'm gonna remember most, Yeah, just gotta keep going. And I, I got be strong. Gotta keep on pushing on, cuz There's always gonna be another mountain. I'm always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle. Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose. Ain't about how fast I get there, Ain't about whats waitin on the other side. Its the climb. Keep on moving, Keep climbing, Keep the faith, babe. It's all about, It's all about the climb. Keep the faith. keep your faith

No comments:

Post a Comment