Friday, April 8, 2011

If you can't say something nice...

Let's Play a game...shall we? It's called "Helpful or Hurtful" If the statement will enlighten/action someone then it is helpful. If not then it's probably hurtful. Let's play..
Wow, time is getting close for the baby to come. How are you feeling?
VS
Wow, you look tired, being pregnant sucks.
The names you chose for your baby are dog names.
VS
Where did you get the names you chose for your baby?
When can I come over and help out with the kids?
VS
Your place is a mess...you need a maid!
I don't think today is a good time to visit, I am not feeling myself.
VS
I don't really feel like being around a crazy pregnant woman.
You really should have spaced your kids out more.
VS
Your kids are young and learning so quickly, can I take them to the park for you?
See...there are nice ways to say things. I think I will start trying to help more then hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment