Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Leg Cramps

Two nights ago I woke up with a cramp in my leg. It was not my calf or my shin but on the side of my leg. I pulled my foot inword and got rid of the cramp. I was sore throughout the day but it was ok. Then last night I got another one in the same place. It went away then came back 3 more times. By the second one I was crying and trying to keep it together. It was 5am and I was sore and tired but I couldn't sleep. My leg felt so tight and painful that I was scared that it would happen again. Needless to say...I'm tired and sore today. I feel like my whole body is sore from all that.
I went online to read up on leg cramps and there are a few things that I can do to prevent them...
bananas
stretches throughout the day
warm bath
calcium (has not been proven to help)
So I have been stretching before and after workouts but I quess I'll have to do it before and after bed too. I already take calcium but I can add a banana a day. (Half in the morning and half at night because all that sugar makes my tummy hurt.) Baths...I told Brandon that I would only bath if he cleaned out the tub (not that it's dirty but I don't like taking baths because it feels yucky) so I'll get a bath tonight.
I posted about t hese cramps on facebook and Danielle (my sis) said that I should try a strawberry/banana/yogurt shake! YUM!

1 comment:

  1. I like heating up a hot pack (we use homemade rice bags!) and putting them on those crampy spots after you have one...helps it from coming back and from being so sore the next day!

    ReplyDelete