Thursday, January 20, 2011

My philosophy on mothering preschoolers...if you care.

1. This is the best time. 2. Moms make mistakes...the biggest mistake is not owning up to it. 3. There is a time to discipline and a time to love. 4. Now is the time to build a relationship with your preschooler. 5. They learn through example...they learn to do by doing things with you. 6. There is never a wasted day, even pj and Dora day is filled with hugs and tickles. 7. Nutrition is important!! (I won't get into it...) 8. Activities mean a lot to kids...for 2-3 minutes. 9. You always have time to sing ABC and 123 songs. 10. Books are better then toys. 11. Kids need to be dressed and look nice. It makes me and them feel better. (Plus people in public treat you better based off of how "together" you look. 12. You HAVE to do what's best for you and your kids. Don't listen to family, neighbors or even professionals if you know what you should do...just do it. 13. It doesn't matter what you do to have fun...just have FUN! 14. It's important to be firm and constant. You buckle, they buckle. 15. I have learned that you have to separate yourself from the situation a lot. I can be firm or discipline but loving immediately when it's over. Can't hold grudges. I'm not saying that I am perfect at all these things but this is what I want to be. Also all these things work for me...maybe not everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment