Sunday, March 20, 2011

Are you Beautiful?

BEAUTIFUL FOR ME Lyrics - click for youtube video Nichole Nordeman Every girl young and old has to face her own reflection Twirl around, stare it down What’s the mirror gonna say With some luck, you’ll measure up But you might not hold a candle to the rest “Is that your best?” says the mirror to the mess But there’s a whisper in the noise Can you hear a little voice and he says Has anybody told you you’re beautiful? You might agree if you could see what I see Oh ‘Cuz everything about you is incredible You should have seen me smile the day that I made you beautiful for me If it’s true beauty lies in the eye of the beholder What my life and what’s inside to give him something to behold I want a heart that’s captivating I wanna hear my Father say Has anybody told you you’re beautiful? You might agree if you could see what I see Oh ‘Cuz everything about you is incredible You should have seen me smile the day that I made you beautiful for me Close your eyes Look inside Let me see the you that you’ve been trying to hide Long ago, I made you so very beautiful So I ought to know you’re beautiful Has anybody told you you’re beautiful? You might agree if you could see what I see Yeah ‘Cuz everything about you is incredible You should have seen me smile the day that I made you beautiful You’re so beautiful Beautiful for me So beautiful for me Has anybody told you? I guess this has been on my mind because I watched "War and Peace" with Audrey Hepburn. In the movie she was SO beautiful. Not because of her looks but because of her confidence and cheery ways. I hope that I can teach Phoenix that beauty is what is in your heart not your looks and your clothes. This is something that I have always struggled with until my mom taught me something. I remember going to her crying because I didn't have an amazing talent like art, music, athletics. It seemed that everyone who was anyone had these great talents to share and I was just awkward. She told me that my talent was my smile. That meant a lot to me. I know now that my beauty/talents come from my heart. Sweet Phoenix Girl, You are my beautiful baby girl. Ever since you came to us you have had a special talent....you have a healing heart, a heart of gold. From day one we noticed your nurturing spirit. Please remember your name and what it means. Remember that you are always beautiful as long as you have a pure heart. I hope you always nurture, give and love. Truly, Mother

No comments:

Post a Comment