Thursday, July 8, 2010

New Rules..

I decided to make up a schedule for the kids. We usually follow this routine but I wanted to have it written down. I am excited to have a schedule for the kids because I noticed that when they have a routine they do better. They seem to sleep longer and nap better because they are all tuckered out. It's better for me because I have certain times in the day where I can get things done when I want to get them done. Since starting this I have seen a definite improvement in Nix with school and her temper. It is also helping with potty training because I have her go potty after certain activities in the day. I know this will change a little but I hope that this will make a nice transition for when the kids get into school.
  • 7:30 Wake up, Get Dressed
  • 8:00 Breakfast, Morning Clean-up, Free Play
  • 10:30 Snack, Play outside (or activity time)
  • 12:00 Atti Nap, Lunch, Phoenix Preschool, learning show
  • 3:00 Atti Awake, Snack, outside time (or activity time), movie
  • 6:00 Dinner, Dinner Clean up, Free Play (or FHE)
  • 7:30 Bedtime routine, Clean Room, Bedtime
Oh yeah...did I mention that Atti is now off the bottle and the only time they can have a sippy cup is with water in it at bed time. AND we got them over the habit of watching a show while falling askeep. (Horrible habit we picked up from traveling so much.) Finally! All the whining for bottles is OVER. Well until the next baby comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment