Monday, July 26, 2010

Rainier Vacation....sorta...

When mom was on her way back to Rainier, WA from Idaho visiting her family she picked me and the kids up. We went there so help watch Jennifer's 7 kids while she and Michael were at the Pioneer Trek. Amanda and her 2 kids were there as well but on vacation. Amanda ended up going to a Young Adult conference so Mom and I watched the 11 kids with the help of the oldest few. The first few days we established a routine. We fed the kids 3 times a day and gave them 2 snacks. We had planned activities and strict bedtimes. Mom was the grandma and the maid role and I played the strict mum. It worked out really well. The kids learned to respect us quickly and helped out a lot. The hardest part for me was that I am used to being the fun aunt and I had to be firm with them. The reason why was because there were just too many kids. We had a lot of fun though. They mostly loved the coloring projects but we also did balloons, bubbles, movies and a slip n slide. Throughout the week I kept thinking about how I want to have a big family and how I loves growing up with 10 siblings. It was empowering to see that things could be organized and the house clean with ages 7,5,4,3,3,3,1,1 around. What was really nice to see was how my mom has slipped out of the "Mom mode" and in to "Grandma Mode" and I was quick to realize that I am the mom. I began to feel very confident as a mother and my abilities as such. Here are pictures of the week. I didn't take many...I'll have to get more from Amanda and Mom. Enjoy! I know I got a lot of pics of atti, but that's because he mostly stayed in the house with me. It was hard to watch Nix with the other kids because she's emotionally a lot younger then them. She is still really nervous of climbing and jumping on the trampoline. She's always been like that. The pic of the bee sting was Atti. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment