Saturday, July 31, 2010

Where we are in life...

We are in a tough but great spot in life. We are excited to be having more kids (hopefully soon) but that adds on a lot of changes and new stresses. Having one kid is a big change of lifestyle but thinking about adding on a 3rd is BIG. New car, more bedrooms...money and upgrades. We are excited to be at a job that pays pretty well for being just out of college and they are even paying for Brandon to start his MBA (Masters in Business) in a few weeks. BUT, we are not making enough to purchase the kind of house and vehicle that we want. We are getting to big to live in an apartment comfortably and frankly, I don't want to. I am now addicted to my garden so that would be no good. We live in a town where we can't buy in town because of crime and can't afford to buy out of town unless it's a really old mobile home. We can buy in the next town over (that's suitable to live in) but it will be 1 1/2 hour commute for Brandon for school. The next closest town is where his school is but 1 hour from work. We live really far out of town so it would be nice to get to know more people our age and have more interaction with kids. We don't have a second car because we are waiting (more like Brandon is forcing me to wait) till we have enough money for one. (Should be February.) Until then I dream of going to the park, library and even the grocery store without asking permission to use the car. One of the biggest things that is on my mind is our budget. I know that our food budget can me tighter but I don't want to eat less healthy. We don't eat organic and fancy healthy freaky foods but we do eat a lot of fresh produce and that gets expensive. I know that I can cook for much less but I also know that we'll just get fat again. UGH! So...I guess we are just going to stay in this house and save up for a car and a down payment for a house until he's done with school and his CPA, 4 yearsish. We will be poor but healthy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment