Friday, July 16, 2010

this and that...

So I have been in Rainier WA since Monday. On Tuesday Jennifer and Michael (Sister and brother-in-law) Left for Pioneer Trek and left me, my mom, my sister Amanda and 11 kids. The youngest are ages 7,5,4,3,3,3,1,1...fun fun. I was having a great time on Tuesday and Wednesday but Yesterday was too mich. The 5,4 and 3's are too much. My sister has been leaving for singles activities quite a lot so it's been up to me and mom. It normally wouldn't be bad but there are too many different moms, schedules and ways of doing things. I'd say that we shoud all take care of our own kids but then the kids that aren't ours cry for what they don't have. Ugh. So I decided to be the firm mother type and crack down on schedules for all the kids. Eat, Play, Sleep...all kids on the same schedule. It's working and actually making things easier but now I'm tired and I'm the bad guy. Oh well. All I know is this...It's important for kids to have a schedule. They need to have routine and normalcy in parenting and rules. I have been such a push-over for so long and now what I'm the mom it's like they are happier and they feel better. In a way it almost makes them feel in control because they know what's coming up next and at what time. We'll see if I continue with this after I have another kid or two...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I never got back to you about the strawberries. I have no idea what to do with ours, we just let them go and do what they are going to do and then eat them when they are ready. How are yours doing now?

    ReplyDelete