Monday, February 14, 2011

saving money or not?

So I have been making changes around here to save money but now I am second guessing myself.... 1. cloth diapers. I figured I am saving about $16 a month in diapers. BUT this month our electic bill went way up. Is it because of the wash? ugh. I know that we will save a lot more when the baby is born because newborn diapers cost a lot more but is it really worth it with Atti? I don't know. 2. making bread. The recipe calls for honey and bread flour which is expensive. AND we never finish eating home made bread so we toss it. Wasted. Ok that's all I can think of but I'm sure there is more...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chiquita!
    So... Collin says that you don't need to use bread flour when making bread, all-purpose flour will work just as well, and you can use wheat or white. He's telling me that bread flour is "specialized" but it's really not that different from regular flour.
    Also, buy honey in a BIG container and it will be cheaper in the long run though not in the beginning (make sense?) --- and if you are putting ALOT of honey in your bread than that would be more expensive, but my mom and mother in laws have bread recipes that don't call for that much honey- let me know if you want those recipes!!
    Love Ya *Joy

    ReplyDelete