Monday, February 14, 2011

Wanna save money??

We have been trying to find ways to save money around here...especially with food. We want to be healthy but also save $$$. I went to Cash & Carry and they had a big bag on Red Mills rolled oats for $11. I put it in an Ace bin and we've been eating it for breakfast. (Of course alternating in eggs Every now and then.) I can't believe how much less it costs then cereal! I did buy cereal (healthy cereal) but it's put up so that we only have it once or twice a week. I love it because it's a lot better then the instant packets!! Here is how I do it... 1 c Oats 1 tbsp sugar 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cinnamon dash salt cover with water and microwave for 2 min. then I stir in rice milk and sometimes a little blackstrap molasses. Brandon likes raisins in his.

No comments:

Post a Comment