Thursday, June 3, 2010

Activity of the day

I was trying to think of something for the kids to do while I weeded the garden so I had them pick up rocks and put them in buckets. I then felt bad because I was giving them busy work just to protect my little sprouts from being stomped on...further stomped on. So I had this idea....

PRAYER ROCK

I'm your little prayer rock and this is what I'll do... Just put me on your pillow until the day is through Then turn back all the covers and climb into your bed WHACK! your little prayer rock will hit you in the head Then you will remember as the day is through To kneel and say your prayers as you wanted to And then when you are finished just dump me on the floor I'll stay throughout the night to give you help once more When you get up in the morning CLUNK! I'll stub your toe So you'll remember to say your morning prayers before you go Put me back upon your pillow once your bed is made And your clever little prayer rock will continue in your aid Because your heavenly Father cares and loves you so He wants you to remember to talk to Him, you know?

Author unknown

2 comments:

  1. I don't have your email address...so you get a reply this way :)
    We didn't pick ducks, my mom did for me. She really wanted us to have ducklings.
    But they are really fun. They are really loyal and follow you around all of the time. And they eat all of our slugs and bugs in the garden. And they let you pick them up. They are pretty funny, good easy pet actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute. We used to collect rocks and shells and paint them to look like animals - like a lion's head or a seal. I actually have really good memories of doing that during easter holidays at my aunts house... :)

    ReplyDelete