Sunday, June 13, 2010

More on South Beach Diet - 16 lbs so far!

1 was so excited to hear that we wer going to visit family in Seattle for the weekend...but a little nervous. I have been doing great on the first phase of the diet and I didn't want to ruin it. When I packed for the weekend I was sure to pack a few things for the diet.... 1. Lettuce 2. Salad dressing 3. cucumbers 4. cherry tomatoes 5. 2 cans of beans (all of the above for lunches) 6. celery amd peanut butter 7. nuts 8. sugar free jello 9. cheese sticks (and above for snacks) 10. crustless quiche for breakfast. 11. vitamins 12. a few spices to make a quick dinner if needed This diet was a breeze this weekend because I was prepared. I was never hungry because I had snacks on hand in my bag when we were visiting family. I wanted to be sure to eat like normal so that my blood sugar didn't drop and make me feel like I was having sugar cravings. For dinner last night we went to Applebees and I got steak, vegetables, and a side salad with italian dressing. It was SO yummy! I ate every bit of it! Afterwords everyone felt full and heavy and I felt great! I was satisfied but not sluggish. When we came home we sang happy birthday to Nix and Grandma and had cake and icecream! Yes I had some!!! I still feel great today! I love that I made a good choice so that I didn't have to feel full, sick, sluggish all night. So yesterday we went to the thrift store...can I jus say I missed thrift stores!!! I got 2 shirts and a new jacket. (I'll post pictures later.) I'm excited because I have lost a total of 16 lbs so far!!!...here's the breakdown. March-We started the diet and lost 8 lbs the forst 2 weeks and 13 lbs total. Than we fell away and I gained 5 back. 2 weeks ago Monday I started phase one again and have lost 8 more! Woo Woo!! I tried on my size 4 pants and they fit! Only 7 lbs to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment