Thursday, June 3, 2010

Why do I feel 41 weeks pregnant?

Dieters Beware!!! The first few days on this diet you pee like you're 41 weeks pregnant!!! We call it detoxing because that's what you feel like! Day 3...much better then 1 and 2. My insane withdrawals to sugar are gone. I had SO much energy! Worked out 2 times and still ran around with the kids. (My new trick is trying to wake up before them and if I don't then I put on a movie for them for 30 min.) Here is my snack for the morning. Yum Yum! After not having sugar for so long you wouldn't believe how sweet cucumber is! (It is part of the watermelon family.) For lunch I had a salad with leftover meat from 2 days ago. Still juicy and yummy. While I made my salad I cut up veggies for Brandon's lunch tomorrow and dinner tonight. The best investment I made for the diet was Tupperware. That way I can do all the prep work for a few days at once. Saves tons of time! Dinner was amazing and quick! I had enough to freeze 2 servings (large servings because on this diet you shouldn't be hungry!) for Brandon to take to work! Here it is...

Doc's Chili This recipe is from The Biggest Loser.

Ingredients
    3 cups chopped yellow onions 1 pound lean ground turkey (or lean turkey sausage) 2 tablespoons chili powder 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried) 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon ground mustard 2 tablespoons chopped garlic 1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans (one 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained ) 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans (one 15-ounce can, rinsed and drained ) 3 cups diced tomatoes (or one 28-ounce can roasted diced tomatoes, undrained) 1 cup fat free chicken broth 1/2 cup black olives 1/2 cup chopped green onions or chopped fresh cilantro

Directions

Spray a large saucepan or Dutch oven with a few sprays of cooking oil spray. Add onion and sautà over medium-high heat until soft and just starting to brown. Add ground turkey or sausage; cook over medium high heat, breaking up meat with a spoon, until cooked through; about 6 minutes. Add chili powder, oregano, cumin, mustard, garlic, beans, tomatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes.

Garnish with olives and green onions or cilantro and serve immediately. Yield: 2 ¼ quarts; twelve (1-cup) servings Number of Servings: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment