Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Biggest Achievement EVER!

This is a poo poo story.... So about 2 weeks ago I talked to my sister and found out that my little nephew is now potty trained. I thought, I have been trying to potty train Nix since the was born practically. She started going when she was 9 mo. whenever she took a bath but never more then that. All my friends (it seemed like at the time) were potty training. I seriously tried again when she was 18 mo, 2 yr and 2 1/2. UGH!!! I felt like I was the worst mom because I couldn't potty train my kid. I tried everything...bribes, forcing, timing it. Nothing. After talking to my sister I decided it was time. Nix would be 3 and needed to be potty trained. I immediately grabbed her and forced her on the toilet. I held her on the toilet as long as my bleeding heart would allow. Didn't work. The next day I had an idea!!! I ran to the bathroom and went pee. Then I ran around the house saying, "I went pee, I get a yummy!" Oh Phoenix didn't like that I got a yummy and she didn't. So there we go. I did that ever and over for about 3 days and she's not potty trained. EXCEPT.... #2 is another story. She has only gone #2 a few times. Tomorrow I am going to with hold movies from her still she goes in the potty. Also, a lady told me to bring her potty 20 min after she eats and it will work. Lets give it a try! Can you think of any good bribes that don't include candy??

No comments:

Post a Comment