Sunday, June 27, 2010

Prayers for Atticus

Dear Atticus, We are so worried about you. You have been really sick for 8 days now. You have been throwing up and having diarrhea. We took you in to the Dr. on Thursday and the blood test showed that you were getting over a bacterial infection and that you should be better soon. You're not getting better. 8 days of little eating has made you very skinny. Your bones stick out all over so badly that I am afraid to hold you too tight. Your eyes are sunken in so badly that you look like you havn't slept for days. Your cheekies are gone. You weigh 26lbs when you weighed only one pound less 6 months ago. They say you're not dehydrated because you've been drinking every now and again and I am glad at that. I have never worried more then I am about you. Last night you threw up a few times and I couldn't sleep. Finally I told Daddy that you needed another blessing. (Maybe I should have gotten one too.) Your Grandpa and Uncle Devon helped give the blessing too. It said that you would recover and that your family would learn how to help you. I stayed up for a long time thinking, worrying, crying. I hurt for you, sweet boy. And, through it all you have been such a good boy. You rarely complain and fuss. You really are my "Blue Baby". Please hang in there. If you throw up again tonight I will take you into the Dr. again on Monday. Until then, until tomorrow, please keep blessing you with your big shining eyes and loving smile. Your daddy and I love you very much, Truly Yours, Forever and Ever, Mother

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are feeling better little one! Brittany-pictures of garden coming soon...and I want to see your strawberries!

    ReplyDelete