Monday, June 7, 2010

Today...

Brandon, I thought I'd just let you know what we've been up to today. When I woke up the kids were still sleeping (probably because I was up with each of them twice last night). I was still tired but I knew that I had to get up and pray and read before they got up or else it wouldn't happen. As soon as I finished Nix got up. We made blueberry pancakes and as soon as those were ready Atti woke up. We all had breakfast, them and their pancakes and me and my turkey bacon quiche and V8. This is a picture of Atti busting out of his chair. I have to lock him in or else he climbs on the table. After breakfast we cleared the table and Nix vacuumed under the table...just because she wanted to. We looked over and Atti was reading in the little rocking chair so we had reading time together. Then they found a flashlight and asked for a fort so I made one for them so that I could get a few things done. While they played I did laundry and dishes. Then I put in a movie for them and I worked out. A GOOD work out and a shower. By the time I was done they were already ready for a snack. Then we went outside to play. We watered the garden and marked the new plants so that you won't weed them. Then we fed the chickens and collected eggs. After that they rode bikes for a while. Nix is getting really good at riding the tricicle. It only took 2 or 3 tried to get the petaling down. She will try the bike with training wheels but it's wobbily and I think that's why she doesn't choose it. I took Atti for a ride on it though. He kept saying, "One, Two, Three, Woooooooo Hooooooooo!!!" It was so cute! When we came inside I put him down for a nap and Nix wanted another movie. So here we are.... The kids are growing up so fast. I can't believe how quickly Nix is turning into a little girl and out of my little baby. She is always by my side and wants to help me. I love it but I also like my space. Her immagination is growing like crazy. She loves to play "Sharp Tale" from "The Land Before Time." What is cute is that Atti is starting to play along. She likes to eat pretend food. I remember when she gave him a piece of pretend food he got mad because he wanted real food. For a while he would look at her like she was crazy but now he actually plays along. I just tried to lay down with her for a nap and she rubbed my back and told me to close me eyes and relax. What a little mama. Atti is the little nurturer too. Whenever Nix is sad he picks up toys off the floor and brings them to her. He says, "Aattoo!" (Sounds like Atti and You together.) He has just learned to make the kiss noise when he kisses and now he's kissing her all the time. SO CUTE!! Now I'm going to start dinner and get FHE ready!Can't wait to see you in a few hours! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day! Totally unrelated to your post, but you should add your email address to blogger so that I can reply directly to your comment :) No we aren't really vegetarians, but Andrew's stomach can't handle much dairy or meat. So we eat lots of fish and trace amounts of dairy. Do you guys not eat dairy?

    ReplyDelete